Friday 2 December 2011

Viewing Yma at the FredrichstradtPalast, Berlin

I tried to photograph the interior of this theatre, but without a magazine publishing deal they would not work with me.  So I loved the show, but it makes me sad to think about it.  


In the dark theatre I could not make notes.  I make notes in the pub afterwards: 

Voulez Vous Coche Avec Moi number: women groin moves/sex moves.  Kicking routine ending in water, Busby Berkely.  Homoerotics not sublimated, cave men with Mohawks and one woman with boobs out, men rolling on each other.  Men stripping in shower.  Dancing in black leggings.  Tranny singing.  Jumpers in black bodysuits with lime stripes.  Girls not fully on beat of music.  Smiles! I love smiles! Sex moves.  Contemporary choreography and music.  Girls over a barre number.  I’m Coming Up by Pink – strange disco headwear.  Trampy women in ‘cameras-flashing’ number, lace bondage leotards.  Short-haired female dancer going for it, my favourite dancer.  Tap-dance on a podium Matrix style.  Sailor scene, strip for men.  Tango with two men and one woman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment